Restored in 1956-58, with much opposition by conflicting experts, has all its columns standing, 6 by 15, with part of the entablature. It is a purely Doric style temple dated 490-480 BCE. In the mid-19th century archaeologists found extremely well carved metopes that can be seen in Palermo at the museum. The stylobate (base) measures 25.3 X 67.7 meters. They light it at night.